Spring Wake Up


Even the bears are hibernating later this year after a deep winter. Did you see the pictures of Toronto in March? These recent days of spring weather are helping wake me up! I'm starting to poke my head out of my cave.

During a pre-season wakeup, I managed to plant a few seeds. Mostly saved from herbs I grew last year and from old seed packages I found around my cave.

I've learned that catnip seeds are amazingly small, mixed wild flower mixtures are annoying because you don't know what you're growing even after you've grouped the seeds by size and shape, and endive seeds sprout really fast.

My first outdoor plants to send up fresh green in response to spring are chives. Breaking off just one tiny newly grown sprout and chewing it brings a refreshing taste of spring right into your mouth.

Comments